Monday, August 06, 2007

Reassessing REITs: Are real estate investment trusts finally poised for a tumble-or are the bears crying wolf?

Reassessing REITs: Are real estate investment trusts finally poised for a tumble-or are the bears crying wolf?

I've been a bear on REITS for quite some time and I've been wrong. It's been tough, but I am finally beginning to look correct. If anything, it goes to show that I have no ability to predict the future. While I think I'm right on REITS, I see to have been way to early.

REITS are having a bad year and it may continue. This article gives you a good background on where REITS have been and where they may be headed.

I like REITS in a portfolio long term, but have cut back quite a bit. If REITS fall enough, I will begin buying again.

Scott Dauenhauer CFP, MSFP, AIF
www.meridianwealth.com
949-916-6238