Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Contrarian on Retirement Says Wait (Registration Req)

A Contrarian on Retirement Says Wait - New York Times

This article is about a University Prof who has created a software package and who has the view that you should wait to take Social Security. I like Mr. Kotlifoff (the featured professor), if only because he has a different view and is willing to put it out there - but I do not always agree with him.

I featured his belief that people are saving TOO LITTLE in an earlier blogpost and I think he is 110% wrong. I also don't fully agree with his Social Security advice of waiting to take your benefits. I believe it is an individual decision and the right decision is different for everyone.

It is an interesting article, even if I disagree with much of it.

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP, AIF
www.meridianwealth.com
949-916-6238