Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Netflix's Next Act (Netflix, Blockbuster, Movie Gallery, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart Stores)

Netflix's Next Act (Netflix, Blockbuster, Movie Gallery, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart Stores) SmartMoney.com

O.K., let me be clear - I am not recommending you buy the stock of Netflix, or that you short Blockbuster - I don't make stock picks. Also - I don't own any Netflix or Blockbuster stock (or any individual stocks for that matter)

I love Netflix. I've loved it from the beginning and think that they've done a great job. I've tried the blockbuster service and was not happy with it. If you don't currently use Netflix I encourage you to give it a try, it is incredibly cool and easy to use (even my Mom & Dad now use it). Evidently Netflix will start attempting to offer movies via direct download, yet another innovation.

This post has nothing to do with personal finances, but I just thought you should know how much I enjoy the Netflix service.

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP