Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Magic Number

Finances: The Magic Number - Newsweek Periscope - MSNBC.com

About a year ago (November 2004) I spent about an hour with Lee Eisenberg on the phone. I didn't know who he was, but he told me he was writing a book and wanted to interview after he read my expose "Secrets of the Wirehouse." His book just came out and it is in bookstores across the country (just go into any bookstore and it is front and center). Lee's book is being reviewed quite well by nearly every major book reviewer, newspaper, and magazine and he is appearing on all the right T.V. shows. His book is titled "The Number: A Completely Different Way To Think About The Rest Of Your Life" and I am just about to start reading it. I won't hesitate to recommend it if only because my name appears in it and nearly three pages are dedicated to our conversation. I will read it this week and report back to you, but I encourage you to pick the book up. The Number, by Lee Eisenberg.

This is the 4th book that I know of that my name has appeared in (I think the number is five, but can't remember the name of it)! Of course, like the others the book is shaping up to be quite good despite my name being associated with it...

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP