Sunday, August 28, 2005

Equity Is Altering Spending Habits and View of Debt - Los Angeles Times

An interesting article highlighting the differences between generations and the "new" way of thinking about real estate. The one thing I take from this article is that is SOUNDS awfully similar to lots of articles I read in 1998, 1999, & early 2000 about growth and technology stocks.

I've said that I don't think there is a national bubble, but there are pockets of unsustainable price increases. If Americans believe the way this article suggests than a bubble may be on the way.

Just for the record, I do not agree with the "new" way of thinking this article talks about. I tend to like the earlier generations way of thinking - pay off your house and avoid debt when possible.

Equity Is Altering Spending Habits and View of Debt - Los Angeles Times

ScottyD